Thursday, September 20, 2012

Busy Card Month

Okay so I know that I've been realllllllllllly bad and not been posting like I should.  But I have a handful of cards that I put together last week that I'll share.  September is a busy month for us because it's my dad's birthday, my birthday, Chris's birthday, his grandma's birthday (and her twin), my twin cousins birthdays and 4 of our friends birthday's.  So I went and got a clump of them done quick.  So here's some....


This was made for my wonderful husband.  He turned 30 this year, so it was a big mile stone.  To celebrate it, I threw him a party that only included friends and his immediate family.  It was really nice I had been putting it together for 2 months.  I made the meal to go with all things he liked or either went well with beer, because for his 30th I thought I'd bring out the "Man's Drink".  He loved it and had a great time with those who came.  I loved the simplicity of this card and the outdoor theme for him.  Happy Birthday Honey!!!


This was my least favorite card that I made.  I put this together because my mother has a co-worker who has been kind enough to give us all the baby boy clothes that her grandson has grown out of.  At last count there was 7 bags and more coming as he gets bigger.  To say thank you to her, I wanted to make her a card.  Because she doesn't have to do that, and it really helps us out.  Thanks Karen!!!

I made this card for Chris's grandmother, Jean.  She's turning 80 and the family is throwing her and her twin a big party to celebrate it.  She doesn't want any gifts, but I thought a card was a must.  Hope she likes it.  Happy Birthday Grandma Jean!

This is for Jean's twin, Joan.  I have only met Joan 4 times, but you haft to have a card for such a big milestone.  Happy Birthday Joan!

This is Chris's sisters, Jessica, birthday card.  Her birthday is in the beginning of Oct, but I just had to put this together.  She owns a horse and I thought it'd be cute to make a card that incorporated her "horse side".  I used pink bakers twin on the inside down low with a bow to add a little more cuteness.  I LOVE the stitching on the edges of the pink background piece of paper.  I love her!  Happy Birthday Jessica!!

Christopher and I met a local photographer in town, just a couple weeks ago when we booked our fall photo session.  Her name is Kayla and she was 39 weeks pregnant with her first.  We got to chit chatting while there and we really liked her.  After leaving I told Chris I wanted to bring her a meal for when her son was born, because I know for me, when my mother in-law brought over a couple of meals it was the greatest thing.  Soooo I made a card to welcome little Blake home.  The photo down below includes the tag I made that wraps around the tubaware container containing Chicken Enchiladas, all ready cooked, just need to be rewarmed when ready to eat.  Welcome to the world Blake!!!!!

1 comments:

Tasha B. said...

I went to church with Kayla years ago, and she is a great photographer now! I follow her on Facebook. I can't wait to see your pictures!

Post a Comment